Reclassification and Realignment
The 2020-21 and 2021-22 Reclassification and Realignment will be released February 3 for football and basketball. Academic (including one-act play) alignments will closely follow the basketball districts. The academic and spring sports alignments will be released by April 1.
A list of Academic Invitational Meets and Tournaments, with registration and contact information for the host, is posted on the academic webpage. A formal invitation is not required to attend.
2020-2021 Tentative Calendar
The deadline to submit an essay for the UIL essay contests is February 19. One essay can qualify a student as a state finalist and make him or her eligible for TILF scholarships as well as win your school championship points. For more information, visit the essay contest homepage.
The deadline for the ILPC newspaper (both online and print) and broadcast contests is Feb. 15. Also, the ILPC Spring Convention will be held May 2-3, 2020 at the University of Texas.
Congratulations to all the teams who competed in the UIL Robotics - BEST Division State Championships in December! Results are available here.
The UIL Robotics FIRST Division State Championships will include two events this spring:
· FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) state championships March 12-14, 2020. Venue details are being finalized for a location in the North Dallas area. Invitations to qualifying teams will be sent as soon as possible following the completion of FTC regional competitions.
· FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) state championships April 2-4, 2020 at the Alamodome in San Antonio.
Lincoln Douglas Debate
The revised UIL Spring Lincoln Douglas Debate was released in early December.
“On balance, gentrification is unjust.”
Click here for additional commentary.
CX Debate Districts are underway through February 8. Important deadlines if you have students who qualify for Debate State include:
February 13 – School Judging Form Due
February 13 – Certification Form Due (if necessary for your district meet)
We have received over 600 film entries and the judging process in place. We are looking forward to the State UIL Filmmakers Contest in Austin at the Paramount Theatre on February 25th.
February 8 is the Entry deadline. You can find the updated Handbook and resources on the Theatrical Design page. Entry Portal will open January 31, 2020. Questions contact Rachael Gomez
, Contest Director.
Directors and Contest Managers, please review changes and updates in the 26th Edition of the OAP Handbook. Also, review the UIL Theatre Resources and Forms page for updates and all your contest needs.
Has my play been approved? If your play was submitted by the December 14 deadline, please do not call the office to check on the status. You will receive an e-mail with the decision. We are processing the over 500 scripts we received this season as quickly as possible.
· Contest Meet officials must set up their district contests by February 1
· Contestant Entry Deadline is no later than 10 calendar days before your first contest. OAP Directors, please confirm with your Contest Manager.
Student Scholarship Opportunity
H-E-B Scholarship Program for Community Service Excellence Nominees must have the following submitted to SportsInAction.com by no later than Feb. 3, 2020:
· Minimum 3.3 GPA
· Number of Community Service Hours completed in the last 12 months
· Community Service Verification Letters to document the number of hours submitted
· A Letter of Recommendation
· A Short Essay (500 words or less) on the topic: “What does Community mean to you?”
There will be 15 total winners – 5 each in music, academics and athletics – and each will be awarded $2,000 from H-E-B. An announcement of the winners will be March 9, 2020.